The rich are getting richer
Judy Lubow | Jul 22, 2010
While the middle class in the US is struggling to survive, the rich keep getting richer.
Play or download audio (MP3, 2 min)
Sources for this program
- Wealth for the Common Good, April 12, 2010, Shifting Responsibility How 50 Years of Tax Cuts Benefited the Wealthiest Americans; http://wealthforcommongood.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ShiftingResponsibility.pdf
- Huffington Post, December 3, 2009, Elizabeth Warren, America Without a Middle Class; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/elizabeth-warren/america-without-a-middle_b_377829.html
- Mother Jones, May 2006, Clara Jeffery, A Look at the Numbers: How the Rich Get Richer; http://motherjones.com/politics/2006/05/look-numbers-how-rich-get-richer
- Economic Policy Institute, March 3, 2010, Lawrence Mishel, Where has all the income gone? Look up; http://www.epi.org/economic_snapshots/entry/where_has_all_the_income_gone_look_up/
- Yahoo News, June 22, 2010, Josephe A. Giannone, World’s rich got richer amid’09 recession: report; http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100622/lf_nm_life/us_wealthreport
Planet Warning is created and narrated by local audio activist Judy Lubow and airs over KGNU and other radio stations. You can hear recent episodes on our site here. Previous audios, covering such topics as Monster Banks, the Sixth Mass Extinction, and Ocean Acidification, and sources for all the audios, can be seen and heard on Planet Warning’s website.
ALSO…hear Judy Lubow’s longer audio documentary on the fate of horses.